I love a good DIY craft project and I also love Disney. I found a magical way to include both of these things into one great project. Mickey Ears!
A year ago we were planning a Disney World trip for school and I decided I wanted to make some ears for myself. I had seen the how to on Pinterest and thought it looked easy enough. It was! I made Mickey ears that were my school themed to give to our cast members as a thank you. Since then I’ve wanted to try some other ideas.
You can try to go all fancy like these but the simple way I did them was this:
What you need
- foam sheet
- hot glue gun
- something to trace a circle – I used a tervis tumbler
- white crayon
- cut strips of felt to glue the length of the headband
- hot glue strip completely around the band
- trace your circle and cut out circles on the foam sheet *need 2 for each ear
- trace the circle on the felt with your white crayon. trace another circle about an inch away and then connect the two circle in the middle *looks like a tiny dumb bell*
- cut out felt circles and foam circles
- hot clue the foam circles onto the felt
- wrap felt circle around the headband and secure
- glue circle together and hold tightly making sure ear will stand up
- repeat on opposite
- decorate as desired
if you would like to follow the same one I did check it out here!