I am currently handicapped by my walking boot post-surgery and also currently broke. If those two things weren’t the case I would currently be planning a visit to Disney World to experience the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Since that trip will not be happening for the next two years I decided to plan an imaginary one with my top 5 must have food and drinks when I visit. Hopefully when I actually go they will still have some of this. If not those of you that are going this year can enjoy these yummy things for me.
- Scotland – I’ve seen so many people say that their favorite dish comes from this booth. They offer real life haggis (not too sure about that one) and salmon with potato cakes but what looks the best to me is the scallops. Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon.
2. Patagonia – The next booth I would visit is for the carnivores. Patagonia offers seared salmon and quinoa as well as beef empanadas. What I want to get the most is the beef skewer. Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato purée.
3. Chew Lab – This year one of the sponsors of the festival is the Chew. One of their booths located in future world is full of new age food. There is olive oil poached salmon and new York strip with an arugula foam but I’m heading there for dessert. Liquid nitro chocolate almond truffle with warm whiskey caramel.
4. France – Next stop the French pavilion. This is one of my favorite countries to stop at on a regular basis. You can go all Julia Child and get the beef bourguignon or a crème brulee. I’m going with traditional French Croissant aux escargots with garlic and parsley aka snails. I’ve actually eaten them before and they aren’t half bad. If that doesn’t work out for me I can always try a La Passion Martini Slush with vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, cranberry and passion fruit juice.
5. Ireland – My number one favorite country to hang out in when visiting World Showcase is the UK. I normally would get fish and chips or sit at the Rose and Crown but since we have an Irish option I’m taking it. These two choices are so good I’m not picking just one. To start I will try the cheese plate Reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout and Skellig. Then to finish Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie.
And just for good measure a few honorable mentions.
For more information about the festival visit this cool website I found Mouse For Less.